Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hi My Name is Deseret

there is an area of Mormonism.org where they have had several member post up a little thing about themselves. it generally says Hi my name is X, a little about me, Why I am a Mormon, and how I live my faith.  It is very interesting and I thought I Do something like it here. So....

Hi My Name is Deseret... yes that is a pen name.

About Me... I am a seminary graduated, I love to read, and write. I some day hope to become a novelist. I live with my husband who I met in seminary. we are newly weds and are still trying to get on our feet and figure out what this whole marriage is all about. I work at a low paying, low expectations job to try and keep our bills paid.

Why I am NOT a Mormon...I was raised just outside the Mormon faith my father was a very lax Mormon when he met and married my mom and by the time I was 4ish he decided it was time to leave the Mormon church so he had his name removed from their books. Thus we are one of the few people at our family gatherings that are not Mormon. In watching and learning about Mormonism I have found that i have five objections to the faith:  1. I have a historical problem (both with their history and their view of church history as a whole.) 2. A Sacramental problem (their understanding on what a sacrament is) 3. A Christological problem (basically a problem with he way they view Christ) 4. A theological problem (they have adopted many heresy that the early centuries of the church dealt with) and 5. A Philosophical problem (particularly on the problem of evil.)

How I live my faith... I go to church every Sunday, pray every morning on my way to work (well most mornings sometimes I don't) I meet with a bible study, I read the bible every day. and in general ask God daily to Help me learn to not take or give offence.

No comments:

Post a Comment