Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Chastisement of St John!!!!

(I have a Mormon cousin who is really good at pushing my buttons, and I am really good at pushing his. From here after I will refer to him as st John after st. John Rivers from Jane Eyre.)

Crack. A ruler snapped across my shoulder,"Stop smiling," said st John in his even tempered voice, "You poor apostate, were you not taught the simplest of lessons? I must ask that if you can't say something nice please don't say anything at all." he reached for the dunce cap, "Now go sit in the corner and contemplate why you should never ridicule those who follow the true way." 

As soon as his back is turned, I stick out my tongue, the other children laugh but he doesn't catch me this time. 

(So what really happened, st John's wife -I'll think up a good alias for her soon- did a review of a book. the only bad thing she could say about it was that there was some swearing in that had turned her off at first. she also said that if it had been her book she would have blacked out the swearing. I thought this reaction to noty words was amusing and said in a reply, "I think it is silly how up tight you are about language ;)" you see I added the winky face to say I'm not mocking you, you just made me smile. St John comes on and says "the only thing silly is ridiculing someone's beliefs before sharing your own, if you can't say something nice please don't say anything at all... just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean it is silly or up tight." what I wanted to say in response was, "Fuck you, that is way more means spirited then anything I said." But then I thought some more and changed from being angry to being hurt, because he decided to walk up and verbally smack me. What is really sad is that he used to be one of my best friends. *sigh* the lose of his friendship is do to my forgetting that I have to be cautious about what I say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment